In Beyoğlu and surrounding area, as annexes to the current buildings that were unable to respond the periodical increases in the early 1900s, numerous buildings were constructed. Our building was built with 4 floors on 05 february 1933 as a result of the mobility in the region by simon benardete. The building that maintained its existence this way for nearly ten years became subject to a detailed repair on 28 october 1941 and obtained its present form with the periodical additions of floors, as with all buildings in the area, in order to respond the growing population.
The building that was transferred from first owner simon benardete to salamon benardete in the 1950s was purchased by our company after serving to mr salamon and his family many years and formed into its present appearance and functions after being renovated.
Our building that has a history of nearly 100 years is one of the most beautiful classic architectural examples of beyoğlu thanks to its historical texture and after the restorations conducted it gained the required safety and quality and become one of the most beautiful examples of present modern line.
In the ages prior to the birth of the Christ, the region in the north of the Golden Horn, where present Beyoğlu is situated, called Sykai or Sike in Greek, which means Fig Grove, containing approximately five hundred houses, theatres, and baths, whose construction began in 1316, where also deep moats of 15 m length are available around the high walls called the Jesus Walls or Hristos’s Walls, was referred to as Regio Scena-Regio Sike. In time, the name of the Galats, one of the Celtic tribes, was given to the region.
According to the laws of the time, the area where the foreign merchants would conduct trade was determined to be Galata and Beyoğlu. Selim III has expanded its business areas with an edict but said that the persons with a hat and European outfits could conduct the pharmaceutical trade and haberdashery in the district of Galata. Subsequently, the area started to be the market place of the foreign traders. Galata that became a centre of a Levantine integrated with the Greeks, the Armenians, and the Italians was being governed by a voivode who changed annually in March and legally bound by the Court of Galata that was presided by a kadi. The Galata bankers living in the area and have their money used by those who were in need achieved to continue their material and moral sovereignty under every sort of conditions. In the banking business that was carried out only by the Jews in the 19th century, Armenians and Greeks joined subsequently as well.
Many old buildings in Galata resemble the architecture of the other old Byzantine houses around Istanbul. In most of these houses, protrusions called Oriel are available. A few reasons for the use of an oriel in Istanbul’s houses can be as follows: the oriel system that was primarily preferred in order to gain space due to the narrowness of the land in the upper floors was also preferable for creating an orderly appearance along the street and protecting it from the enemy raids.
It was not possible to imagine Galata, which was the centre of money, separately from taverns, all kinds of entertainments, prostitution and brothels conceivably. Galata has an important tavern history that commenced in Byzantium and continued into the 1930s effectively. The tavern of Madam Bela was famous during the period of Abdülhamit II. The street where this tavern was situated was called in the 1930s as ''Lebelebici Saban” street. The Flowers’ Passage, one of the biggest entertainment centres in Beyoğlu, was by banker Hristaki Zagrofos.
While the Genoese where approaching Istanbul on a ship, they ate the seagull that showed them their route thinking that it was the ''messiah.'' Then the ship itself came to the place where the nest of the seagull was built, the area where the Galata tower is situated. The Genoese built the Galata Tower here. Its name ''Jesus Tower'' is based on this legend. The tower that was constructed in 1348 in 77.25-meter-height and 35 meters up from the sea level are surrounded from outside to inside by Lülecihendek, Büyükhendek, Küçükhendek moats and their towers. Today, the names of these moats were given to the three different streets reaching the tower.
Tower square has 87-meter diameter and 460 steps of circumference. The tower was used for different purposes in various periods. The tower was used in the Sultan Suleiman (1520-1566) period as a prison, in Murat III (1579) period as an observatory, and then as a fire tower under the responsibility of the tower chief.
Hezarfen Ahmed  (b. 1609 - d. 1640) is a Muslim Turkish scholar who lived in the Ottoman Empire in the 17th century. He was one of the first people who managed to fly with the self-designed wings. He is known that he realized his flying plan in the era of Sultan Murat IV, who reigned between 1623 and 1640 and referred to as Hezarfen among public due to his vast knowledge. Hezar, a word of Persian origin, means 1000. Hezarfen means "a thousand fens" (sciences) "one who knows a lot." 
In his first flight trials he was inspired by Ismail Cevheri, a Muslim Turkish scholar of the 10th century. Ahmed who scrutinized and learned the findings of Cevheri, studying the flight of birds, conducted trials in Okmeydanı in order to measure the degree of resistance of the wings he devised before his historic flight. In addition, it is thought that Leonardo Da Vinci was, in his studies of flying, inspired by Ismail Cevheri who conducted experiments in this regard long before him. [Source needed]
Hezarfen Ahmed Chalabi who was assumed to have put on a device similar to the wings of a bird and released himself into the air from the Galata Tower in 1632 in the weather with southwest wind and landed in Doğancılar in the district of Üsküdar situated 3358 m away, by flying and crossing the Bosporus, is one of the most notable persons in the Turkish aviation history. The documents regarding this flight consisted so far only of the expression of Evliya Chalabi in his Travelogue.
These Synagogues which mean oasis of peace in the ancient times were encountered in the earlier times of the history of Istanbul.
The Neve Shalom Synagogue that commenced worships in 1951 was constructed by converting from the the first mixed Jewish Primary School ceremonial hall. In the 1937s, Keneset (Apollo) and Zülfaris Synagogues could not respond the religious needs of the rapidly growing Jewish population in Galata and Beyoğlu. Especially in the important festival dates like Passover, Rosh Hashanah, and Kippur, various halls were rented and used as temporary places of worship through special permission in those days.
In 1937 (5697), in the Rosh Hashanah Festival, when Marsel Franko, President of the Congregation of the Galata Beyoğlu, neglected to take the necessary permissions in a timely manner, these temporary worship halls were vacated, which put the requirement of building a new and large Synagogue on the agenda again. In the meantime, the most suitable place was thought to be the land in Refik Saydam Street near Casablanca Night Club, purchased and donated to the congregation by Elia Kadoorie, a philanthropist from Baghdad.
While the negotiations and initiatives were ongoing, Marsel Franko, President of the Congregation, for the growing requirements and partially mitigating the pressure, decided to repair the girls’ school in Büyük Hendek Street and to converge two existing Jewish Primary Schools in the Galata region to turn into Synagogue. Learning that the school was converted into a synagogue without permission, Directorate of National Education advised the situation to the Presidency. Faced with the rightful warning and reprimand of the authorities, the administration of the congregation decided to restore the building into its older form as a school.
Subsequently, when decision was taken to convert it into a synagogue again, the members of the delegation who visited the famous Italian architect Denari in Beyoğlu demanded a project from him. Denari conducted a preliminary study in a week’s time and presented to the commission. At that time, the two Jewish lads called Elio Ventura and Bernard Motola, who had graduated from Istanbul Technical University, asserted that such meaningful structure could only be built by feeling and that they must be given an opportunity; then they were appointed to this construction through a resolution of the Board of Directors.
The construction that came to a halt for a moment in December 1950 due to lack of money was continued with the 50,000 TL lent by the commission for two-years.
For the inauguration of the Neve Shalom Synagogue, which cost 300,000 TL, considered to be a substantial amount for those days, a large ceremony was held on 25 March 1951 (17 Veadar 5711) in a Sunday morning. The ceremony, where Refael Saban, the religious leader of the congregation and future Chief Rabbi, Moshe Benhabib, members of the Beth Din, Dr. S. Abrevaya and other congregation administrators, all other rabbis of the Istanbul synagogues, congregation’s institutional administrators, members of the Turkish and Jewish presses and a crowd of community of believers were present, started with the Baruch Aba prayer.
Neve Shalom was in a position those days that was not overlooking Büyük Hendek Street and that was accessible through a narrow passageway. Permit for demolishing the building in the front and opening the frontal façade of the building was received in a few years. The 4-storey building, with 69 door number on 57 m2 area, which belonged to Lawyer Reşat Atabinen, purchased for 40,000 TL was demolished through the permit received in 1960, and the construction of the frontage was completed. New frontal doors of the synagogue whose sound system was completed in March 1953 were completed in 1960.
It is claimed that in the present location of Neve Shalom, there was the Aragon Synagogue built by the Sephardim who emigrated from Spain in the 15th century. Among the most important events o the Neve Shalom Synagogue where, every year, countless cheerful (Weddings and Bar-Mitzvah) or sad (funeral) ceremonies as well as many meaningful celebrations followed each other, unfortunately, there are sorrowful terrorist attacks as well. On September 6, 1986, March 1, 1992, and November 15, 2003, these sad assaults were realized and dozens of people died.